SUMMARY Under direct supervision of the Director of Event Services, is responsible for coordinating all event preparations and performance aspects related to the facility. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned. · Communicate with clients to obtain necessary technical requirements and other event related information.
· Prepare cost estimates and monitors final billing.
· Inspect buildings and specific meeting areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, room size and event requirements.
· Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant’s contractual agreement.
· Develop assignment schedules for all staffing requirements for the proper presentation of event.
· Monitor performance of front of house staff including guest services, security, medical and event staff.
· Provides clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to all departments. Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or services needs. Monitors and supervises facility set-up when necessary.
· Ensure all pertinent information is obtained, compiled in event files and distributed to proper entities. This includes but is not limited to compiling, filing, and distributing medical service reports, incident reports, ejections, arrest, parking lists, staffing schedules and attendance reports.
· Coordinate with the Box Office regarding technical and production requirements that impact sights lines and/or cause seating obstructions.
· Manage the preparation for upcoming events. Knowledge of methods in setting up/tearing down events, housekeeping/cleaning techniques of large public facilities, exhibiting and show utilities (i.e., special lighting, booth wiring, compressed air, etc.) is useful.
· Work irregular schedule to insure proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in the facility, as required.
SKILLS REQUIRED Position requires ability to: · Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
· Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
· Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
· Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
· Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Good written, verbal and computer skills.
· Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
· Work in a fast paced environment.
· Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in Texas.
· Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email resume to email@example.com or fax 832-667-1801. Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.