SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance Craftsman at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Maintenance Craftsman person to join our Maintenance team. The Maintenance Craftsman under general supervision, performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility operating systems during event times. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, door hardware repair, and correcting simple plumbing problems, as required.
- Interpret, explain and apply building codes, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Operate equipment, such as, light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, access lifts, or other light power driven equipment.
- May occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present. Work at heights using correct safety equipment.
- Develop and submit lists of necessary repairs and improvements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Know general techniques in plumbing, carpentry, and building hardware maintenance and electrical/lighting systems.
- Shop math applicable to the building trades.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Interpret shop drawings, sketches and work orders.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Must to able to stretch and reach
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED and one to three months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.