SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Attendant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Attendant person to join our Parking team. The Parking Attendant, under direct supervision of the parking supervisory team, directs guests where to park in relation to events on NRG Park property. The position often requires lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Must be customer friendly, self motivated, and enjoy working around people in a fast paced environment.
- Effectively communicate with guests, clients, vendors and other personnel via verbal and nonverbal forms of communication.
- Responsible for directing traffic as instructed by his/her superior.
- Have a reliable form of transportation and communication.
- Must comply with all SMG policies and procedures including the Business Conduct Policy and Code of Ethics.
- Dress in uniform according to the SMG Parking Policy.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Maintain a client service oriented attitude.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Must to able to stretch and reach
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
H.S. Diploma or GED preferred. Traffic control or parking experience is a plus.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.