SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Part-time Exhibitor Services Staff at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena.
Under general supervision, processes sales of service to NRG Park exhibitors and assist Exhibitor
Services department as necessary. Provide outstanding customer service to all guest, exhibitors,
Include the following:
- Work the Exhibitor Services desk by processing orders and payments through the online ordering system (Boomer software).
- Processing Exhibitor Services orders, purchased for trade shows, consumer shows and events.
- Prepare and submit daily deposits as revenue is received.
- Administrative duties such as data entry, printing, scanning, copying and faxing may be needed upon request.
- Assist the Exhibitor services department with special projects as needed.
- During day-to-day operations, serve as an ambassador of NRG Park, assisting guests, contractors and staff and providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Resolve normal and unusual problems with clients, users, technicians and suppliers using open communication and critical thinking.
- This position is Part-time, therefore working hours are based on Event schedules and determined by Manager and do not conform to any fixed routine.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires ability to:
- Must be punctual, reliable and have the ability work at different times including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Operate a computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Boomer (Exhibitor Online Ordering System) as well as other standard office equipment. Microsoft Office proficiency is required. Training provided for Boomer.
- Knowledge of accounting and cash handling is required.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in oral and written form.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered during the course of employment.
- Work independently and/or in team setting, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Walk/Stand on concrete floors and/or climbing stairs for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED and two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.